Bus Services in Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri Bus Service
Jalpaiguri too has a fleet of bus services to cater to the passenger’s needs. There are luxury and deluxe buses, sitter, semi-sleeper and sleeper categories, as well as government and private buses to choose from. The East-West corridor or NH 31D is in the northern part of the town of Jalpaiguri city. Jalpaiguri is about 45 km from the twin city Siliguri and most of the long distance state owned and private buses taking you to the nearby hill stations start from the Tenzing Norgay Central Bus Terminus in SIliguri. Many Dooars bound buses also ply from the P.C. Mittal Bus Stand in Sliguri.
There are frequent bus services between Jalpaiguri- Siliguri route and one can reach Siliguri from Jalpaiguri town in less than an hour. Some of the important bus stands in Jalpaiguri are:
- The Kadamtala Bus Terminus situated within Jalpaiguri town operates private buses to Siliguri.
- NBSTC depot- All state government buses start from the North Bengal State Transport Corporation depot here in Jalpaiguri and operate buses travelling to different regions within the state of West Bengal.
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Private Bus Terminus- This bus terminus is useful for tourists who wish to go to the Dooars region, Alipurduar, Cooch Behar, Mathabhanga and other nearby areas.
- Super Bus Stand -Besides these, there are super bus services which operate from the Jalpaiguri Railway Station offering non-stop bus services to Siliguri.
- Haldibari Bus Stand- This bus stand offers bus services to Haldibari.
Bus Services between Jalpaiguri and Kolkata
The Jalpaiguri NBSTC (Rocket Service) bus leaves Kolkata around 8 p.m. and travels through Malda and Siliguri . It again leaves Jalpaiguri at 7 p.m . You can avail the tickets from the bus and tourist office. The Jalpaiguri NBSTC (Express) leaves Kolkata also leaves Kolkata 8 p.m. There are other private bus services which also operate along this well travelled route.
Bus Services between Jalpaiguri and Siliguri
Besides these, there are regular bus services every hour from New Jalpaiguri Railway Station to Gangtok. With a few stops in between for refreshments and a moderate ticket price, it is an enjoyable way to reach the hills.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0